Friday, December 20, 2013

An AMAZING 2013!

Hello All.  I wanted to thank everyone for your amazing support this year with the release of "The Surfer's Guide To Marketing."  Its incredible to think that an idea in my head could come to fruition and be as successful as it is.

When I came up with the concept and wrote "The Surfer's Guide To Marketing" I thought it would be a great tool to help students and young marketing minds to see the amazing opportunities that live within my industry.  I had no idea that I would get such a great response from a diverse audience, support from friends, family, and interested consumers alike.
"The Surfer's Guide To Marketing" is on the shelf!

Having created T.E.A.M. to help motivate underprivileged students and showcase how they could excel in the world of sports and entertainment, I knew that showcasing my experience with brands like ESPN, NFL, ABC, etc. would resonate.  It was a formula I utilize in speaking engagements and when I meet with aspiring and talented individuals.  But until you put your heart and soul into a project, spend significant hours and energy creating it, and ultimately put it out for the world to enjoy, you don't know if you have a success.  It's something that I mention in the book as part of the marketing process but ironically I've realized it was also the feelings surround the creation of the book itself!

So as we end 2013, I wanted to thank everyone who helped me get to where I am.  All of the clients who had confidence in me and my team to develop campaigns that exceeded their expectations.  All of the creative and strategic minds that allowed me to join them to develop innovative efforts.  The amazing roster of celebrities, athletes, and business executives that I have been fortunate enough to engage and collaborate with.  And my family who go beyond this little "bucket list" project and stand by me regardless.

And most importantly, anyone who reads this and supports what I do.

"The Surfer's Guide To Marketing" was founded on the promise of providing an educational, motivational, and entertaining experience and I encourage you to read the book regardless of your career field.  Because had I not taken my own advice, I would have never taken a chance and written the book.  You can succeed in any field or activity you choose and if I can go from a packaged goods marketer to developing Super Bowl events, anyone can do it!  And as I always say, if a large uncoordinated man like myself can balance on a small board on large waves, then you can do anything!

Here's to a great 2014 and I hope "The Surfer's Guide To Marketing" provides an idea, an urge, or a spark to make your next year as great as mine was this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment